Jenny introduced me to StitchFix. She told me about her experience and I signed up. I got my first shipment Monday night and I ABSOLUTELY LOVED EVERYTHING in my shipment. It made it so hard to choose just one or two items instead of buying the whole shipment (too close to Christmas for that).
Before I reveal what was in the box and what I kept or didn't keep, here is a brief description of what SF is and how it works. From their site to my blog...
What is Stitch Fix?
Stitch Fix is a fun and easy way to keep your wardrobe up-to-date. We get your style and size preferences, then send you a package of stylish goodies to try on at home, in your closet, with your favorite jeans and heels.
How does it work? Explain it to me step by step.
- Sign up for our beta - Get on the List!
- We'll send you an email when we're ready to style for you. There might be a little wait - we want to have awesome inventory ready for you!
- Fill out our fun style survey. We'll find out about your size, style and wardrobe needs so we can pick fabulous clothing and accessories for you.
- Enter your payment info and pick a date to "Get your Fix" - it sounds obvious but a lot of people forget to schedule. You can schedule your Fix to arrive during a particular week. We can't guarantee a specific day.
- Yay! We'll send you a package (free shipping!) with 5 clothing and accessory items picked just for you. We'll charge the $20 styling fee the day package ships. That styling fee is applied as a credit toward the purchase of anything in that particular shipment.
- Try everything on at home - do a little fashion show for your friends, partner, pets...
- Keep what you like - we'll charge your credit card - send back what you don't. Shipping is free!!
- Repeat the scheduling process as often as you'd like!
- Whatever you decide to keep, the $20 styling fee is subtracted from your order. If you keep the whole order, you get 25% off - bazing!
If you have more questions, you can read their FAQ answers.
Ok - so now for my shipment and my picks.
Moving on to item #2... Spun Scarves by Subtle Luxury: Electric Batik Scarf. I almost died when I opened the package and saw this scarf. Matter of fact, I ran into the kitchen imitating a dancing fairy with the scarf wrapped around my neck. Seriously, you should have seen it.
Moving on to another cardigan that came - this Sinead Drape Pockets Open Cardigan by Ya at a very welcome price of $48. Every part of me wanted to keep this cardigan but it was long and made me look 4'9" instead of 5'4" so I had to send it back although if it was a little shorter, it would be hanging in my closet. Sorry the picture looks so awkward - it was so long it hung over the edge of my bed where I was taking the photos. It was cute though, trust me.
Last but not least, another beautiful, dainty blouse by Daniel Raim - the Hyden Loop Trim Silk Blouse. I thought the color and material were gorgeous but when I put it on, it looked like a maternity top because it was tight around the bottom and very flowy and big in the middle. Buzzard ain't preggo and would prefer not to look that way, so it had to go. Adding to the reason to send it packing was its $75 price tag - if I had looked amazing in it, maybe I would have bought it but not as a maternity top that I won't be needing for 3-5 years.
In hindsight, I should have taken pictures of me wearing these but they'e already back in the mail and headed to CA for return. Next month, I'll modify my strategy.
Although I wanted to keep the whole order I only kept one thing - can you guess which one???
Ta-da! Here it is - the Mystree - Fleur Button Front Cardigan. I LOVE IT - I adore how it has a collar that doesn't go into a v-neck and is sort-of structured. The final test - Ninja saw me in it and said I looked great. Cha-ching.
(Sorry for the worst clothing picture ever)
Yes, I spent quite a bit on a cardigan. Don't judge me - I paid off a credit card this month that I've been paying on forever so I feel like this is my reward. Counterproductive? Yes. Do I care? No.
So there ya go - the Stitch Fix situation. If you want to sign up for StitchFix which you DEFINITELY should please please please use this link below and I will get $25 credit towards my next order (which would help me buy that gorgeous purple scarf).
I hope you guys enjoyed this non-ag venture on the blog. I will likely do this with future Stitch Fix shipments. If you want to join, don't forget to use my link above!
Until next time,
~ Buzzard ~